Tuesday 8 April 2014

Lent 2014 - 7th April: hot water bottles

Today's simple pleasure is hot water bottles. I'm sure it should be warm enough to turn off my central hearing, alas it's not. I like my hot water bottle as it stays hot a number of hours. I think my cats like it to. There is something comforting about having warm toes and cuddling up to my hot water bottle. It doesn't have the same impact if it's cold or even lukewarm. If I find it cold at the bottom of my bed I normally give it a good kick out the end. The thud as it hits the ground normally brings a smile to my face, I'm not quit sure why I just think it's the distinctive sound. One of the letters to the churches in the Book of Revelation talks about our spiritual temperature. Only hot will do. I hope as you reflect through Lent your spiritual temperature and your faith has got hotter. If not why not? Don't be like the Luke warm church in Ladeocia that is lukewarm being neither hot not cold doesn't hack it with God. He wants our all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!