Friday 11 April 2014

Lent 2014 - 11th April: shopping


One of life's simple pleasures is the occasional shopping trip. I'm not really a big shopper. I think my husband enjoys it more than me. Today I went to Derby to get my hair 'done' and to buy a present for a good friend, I hope she likes it, I also treated myself a little. My excuse was that I have gone down a dress size, surely worth a celebration. I say dress size but I can't recall the last time I wore a dress. I digress. Not everyone can afford to go shopping. Money is tight at the moment having been given notice from the church here in Burton. Money is tight for a lot of people but compare our living standards with those of other parts of the world such as, the favelas in Brazil, there is no comparison. We are blessed, truly blessed. Compare what we have with what our parents or grandparents had and again we are worlds apart. The world hurtles on at a tremendous pace. It is good to stop and appreciate the simple pleasures of our life and the abundant blessings that knock at our door day after day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!