Thursday 3 April 2014

Lent 2014 - 3rd March: meeting New People


Another of life's simple pleasures is meeting new people. I love meeting someone who I don't know at all, or very well, and spending time getting to know them. All too often these meetings are fleeting and over far too quickly. Today I got the opportunity to meet and talk to a few new folk at The Northern Baptist Theological Consutation at Blackley Baptist Church, West Yorkshire. I have to admit I have never been this far north before! It was a great day. The keynote lecture was on spirituality and poetry, so right up my street.

One of the reasons I loved working as a mortgage adviser was that I met lots of new and interesting people. New people are intriguing and meeting them is on a par with opening a wrapped present. You never know what you are going to get! Some people we relate to more than others, that's just life, but everyone we meet is a potential friend. Who knows how deep that relationship will develop. So here's to friendship and the simple pleasure of meeting new people. I thank God for the new people in my life and the friendship they offer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!