Sunday 9 March 2014

Lent 2014: March 9th - Cows



Today's simple pleasure is...


Can you guess what it is yet? ....


Maybe another hint? ...


Yes, it really is...


Cows. I love gazing at cows. I'm not sure why I love them so much but I do. Maybe love is the wrong word? We use it so flippantly these days. Cows remind me of the countryside. In particularl they remind me of my home town of Stroud where they freely wander around the local commons and have free grazing rights. I have a few cows adorning my study walls, not real ones you understand (far too messy). I like the way in which they stare at you and seem to weigh you up. I wonder what they think, if anything, beyond where the best bit of juicy grass is to be found? 

Today's simple pleasure is cows - for their beauty, for their part in making the countryside so complete, for the milk and cheese they produce, for the lovely filet stake I enjoyed eating for lunch! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!