Thursday 13 March 2014

Lent 2014 - 12th March: Films

Today's simple pleasure is a bit late owing to said pleasure distracting me. It is films. I love a good movie, don't you? I watch most things unless it is gory, for the sake of being gory, or it's supernatural. I generally don't like to be scared, although I like a good thriller and a bit of suspense. I don't mind army movies, John likes those. I like to loose myself in the storyline and forget about reality for a couple of hours. I guess it's my escapism. Some folk like to theologically reflect on movies but for me it spoils the enjoyment and makes it more work than fun.

My favourite movie of all time is... wait for it.... Predator. I do love science fiction and a bit of Arnie. I always have to watch it if it comes on the TV. Other favourites would be 'What Women Want' with Mel Gibson; funny film. In fact I love most of his films. Also The English Patient with Ralph Fiends, and Silence of the Lambs with Jodie Foster and  Anthony Hopkins, Favorate actors, other than the ones already mentioned, Meryl Street, Sandra Bullock, Renee Zellweger, Colin Frith, Al Pacino, Robin Williams, Clint Eastwood, Kevin Spacey, Liam Neeson Jack Nicholson, Tom Hanks, Kevin Costner and Harrison Ford.

So what's your favorite film and actors?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!