Tuesday 11 March 2014

Lent 2014 - 11th March: Art




I use to spend many an hour looking at pictures of paintings. I have enjoyed Joseph Wright's work but never really noted his name until I wandered around Derby's museum and art gallery recently and realized he was a local artist. I still have the children's encyclopedia set I had as a youngst. This picture is in the book on science I think. On either end of the set are a book of art and an illustrated book of Bible stories. 

Here are a couple more of his paintings, sorry the quality isn't as good. Today's simple pleasure is the appreciation of art. I would post a photo of my recent panting by numbers but you may laugh so I will refrain... Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder. 

 The Hermit

 The Blacksmith's Shop 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!