Tuesday 18 March 2014

Lent 2014 - 18th March: Friendship and Good Company


There are many simple pleasures in life that we forget about. Blogging through Lent on this theme had helped me to realize everything I have to be thankful for in life. Today I am thankful for friendship and good company. Good friends are hard to find. Finding friends when you are pastoring a church in an area you don't know very well is very difficult. It takes time. Sometimes you think people are your friends but actually they are not. Sometimes good friends are made in unexpected places. I am blessed by many good friends. Some have known me since I was a child, others are new friends and we have only just got to know one another. I think it is in the difficult times that you work out who your friends really are, who you can trust and who you can't. 

This picture is of an ornament I have i my home. It reminds me of the Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It reminds me of the love that is shared between them and the need for each other. God is in relationship and we two need to be in relationship with friends and loved ones. We are not made to be on our own but to enjoy each others company. I like my own space but I need good friends. I am blessed and thankful for them today.

1 comment:

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!