Friday 13 January 2023

Are you a JOMO?




I learnt a new word today, well acronym, JOMO ‘the joy of missing out’. It’s a good thing. It means being happy with what you are doing. It’s opposite being FOMO, ‘the fear of missing out’. I’m definitely more a JOMO. Being a Jo it seems very apt. I’m quite happy with my own company and have been known to miss the odd party in favour of time home alone watching well, Home Alone. OK, well maybe not that particular film. Actually, I watch most types of films except horror. 

I was asked my favourate film once at an interview. My response was Predator, the original 1987 version with Arnie Schwarzenegger, who along with his team of commandos, is tracking down an Alien who is not easily seen. Do watch the film if you haven’t seen it. It’s one of those films I have to watch if it comes up on TV. I passed the interview despite my dodgy choice. I made them laugh anyway. I should point out here that the interview was part of the selection and discernment process for Baptist Ministry. God moves in mysterious ways! The best part comes at the very end when the alien starts laughing. I’m sure the film prepared me well for ministry. Laughter and the ability to blend in are probably more useful than being able to fire a M134 mini gun. Although there are times….. 

I love to laugh! Singing, laughing, and walking are my stress busters. I have been known to do all three at the same time but more commonly not. So what makes you happy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!