Saturday 21 February 2015

Lent 2015 21 February: things that make me laugh - Comedy


I found this statue of Charlie Caplin in London. Having my photo wth him was a must. The photo still makes me laugh. Watching Chaplin and Laural and Hardy and their capers was a must growing up. Other comedy classics such as Some Mothers do 'av 'em and Only Fools and Horses will forever remain in my memory. Chaplin waving his walking cane, Laural and Hardy pushing a piano up the stairs, Frank Spenser on roller skates, and Del Boy falling through the bar hatch as he eyes up some young lady all make me laugh. I'm sure we all have our favorate comedy classics. God has designed us to laugh, even when it is at ourselves, so why is it that most of us take life so seriously? Life is for living and enjoyng but why do we so often loose sight of that and whallow in our own sadness and discontent? We may never have any money, we may never meet the man or women of our dreams, we may never have perfect health but we have so many other things to be grateful for. 

So what's your favorate comedy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!