Friday 16 December 2011

Banksy Christmas present

I have always loved Banksy's work which aims to provoke a reaction from its onlookers. Banksy's latest Christmas present is no exception. Have a look at the link below to see what I mean as he helps us to think about the true meaning of Christmas, minus the corruption that can be found around us, including in the Church itself.

Banksy artwork takes a swipe at church abuse | Christian News on Christian Today

I wish I lived in a world where the church was free from sexual, emotional, physical and spiritual abuse but I don't. Church reflects the problems of society and is made up of people from that same society. Christ seeks to bring light to the darkness. May he bring light to the corruption that exists in our churches and in our imperfect lives this Christmas.


A couple of years ago I went to a Banksy exhibition in Bristol.  Here is another of his...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!