Sunday 30 June 2013

Alone with my thoughts

Alone with my thoughts
I wonder what ought.
I lie in my bed
And wish I was dead.

I toss and I turn
My memories yearn
For sunshine not rain
And no more of this pain.

Distant echoes descend 
Of my long lost friend.
Shared dreams and vision
Was our heavenly mission.

To dance at the ball
The thrill of it all.
To sidestep once more
And tango till dawn.

Your grace abounds
It brightens my frown.
You held me once more
When I opened the door.

You poured out the wine
We ate bread at mine.
Your love lasts forever
Even though I said never.

Alone with my thoughts
I wonder what ought.
I awake from my pain
And call out your name.

© Revdjo 30/6/13




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!