Wednesday 13 March 2013

Eyes to see what is beautiful


I have a few people with pastoral needs on my heart this week. As I wrote this I was thinking not only of my need to stop for a moment but also of a young man who went into hospital on Monday for an eye operation - for new eyes!


Lord, open my eyes to see what is beautiful.
To cherish the moment of every new day.
Lord, open my ears to hear as for the first time
The dawn chorus of birds and quietness of morning.
Lord, open my heart to love those I meet.
To offer my hand in friendship and truth.
Lord, open my mind to know what is your will.
The desire to follow you every step of the way.

Let me not be too hasty, too noisy, too busy,
To make time to embrace you.

Lord, open my mouth and help me to praise you.

Revdjo 2013




1 comment:

  1. Jo

    Reminded me of something from some years back on a trip to the "seaside"

    The sun is shining - the car parks are filling up
    The sun is shining - out they all come
    The sun is shining - ice cream , flasks and chips
    Today is now windy and cloudy - they are not coming today
    It is cloudy and raining - no sign of my fair weather friends
    I am here all the time whatever the weather
    Why won't they come and see?

    MJH

    Lord keep our eyes open

    I also enjopyed the last posting




    ReplyDelete

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!