Thursday 11 February 2010

Why do bad things happen?

It has been some time since my last blog.  There are two reasons for this.  Firstly, I have developed a repetative strain in my hand/wrist that is painful when I type.  Secondly, I have struggled to find any hilarity in my life worthy of mention.


I guess there may be a problem with the name of my blog 'Spirituality and hilarity.'  Sometimes life is just not funny.  In a previous blog I refered to the tragic death of Daz, one of my husband's close friends.  Why do bad things happen?  The technical term for this is 'theodicy' and whilst I could get very academic in defining what it means it is not my intention to do so.  there are plenty of academic blogs available if that is what you are looking for.  My intention is more to provoke thought and to explore spirituality.  'So God, why do bad things happen?'  I intend on asking this question of him upstairs when I eventually get to heaven.  I am not looking to getting there any time soon so this question will have to wait a while.  I the meantime it is a question that remains in my thoughts.  I am sure many, if not everyone has struggled with this question at some point in their life.  Sometimes life just plain stinks and there is no rhyme or reason for why things happen.  People get ill... they die young... good people, people who have not done anything wrong to anyone else.


I conclude that my search to explore spirituality in a humorous way has one major flaw - life just isn't humorous all the time!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!