Thursday 12 November 2009

We will remember them


I really should have written this blog before Remembrance Sunday but my head has not really been in the right place.  One of my husband's (John) close friends from the army was amongst those who were shot and killed by a rogue policeman in Afghanistan.  RSM Darren Chant was 40, recently married in August to Sheenie who is expecting their first child together.  Daz has three children from a previous marriage and was a real family man and a larger than life character.  I will always remember his grin and his wit.  John has known Daz for some 20 years plus.  Daz was one of John's recruits in the depot - no doubt John put him through his paces.

Remembrance Sunday was poignant this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!