Monday 5 August 2024

Can I say Yes to you?




It’s not always easy to see ourselves as God sees us. It’s even harder to be truly ourselves and yet God calls us to be true to ourselves and to who He has called and made us to be. I’ve been reflecting on this for quite sometime as I’ve unravelled who I am in Christ, and began to accept who he has made me to be. When you were formed in your mother’s womb there was no mistake. (Psalm 139.) God spoke life over you and called you by name from that moment. It just takes us a while to hear it, and even longer to accept it. Perhaps you have still not accepted who you are? As you gaze in the mirror and look upon your beauty, (yes there is beauty there!) know that you are loved and held by God. Maybe it’s time to say yes to him and be more accepting of yourself? 


Can I say Yes to you?


Can I really say Yes to you Lord? 

From the depths of my soul,

My inner most being?

My mind and my will?

My thoughts and desires?

Can I really say yes to you? 


Can I truly be all that you’ve made me to be? 

Using my gifts those well worn and the new?

Those deep inside of me?

And those plain to see? 

Can I really say yes to you? 


What will it look like to serve you as me? 

And truly be me?

How you have created me to be?

Am I willing? 

Am I prepared?

Am I going to do this? 

Well we’ll best wait and see… 


When it’s only you and me it’s easy to be. 

What will the world think? 

Will they truly accept me? 

Can I really be me?

And say yes to the you in me? 


©️Revdjo 4/8/24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!